My daughter and I will be going on a vacation to London and I'm scouting for fun and educational outdoor activities we can get involved in. We have very limited time so we need to make the best use of the little time we've got. Here are some educational activities and trips that I'm sure will be a fun learning experience for us both.
So, if you are also looking for fun things to do in London with your kids, explore the following ideas as we plan to do:
1. Performance Events - Check out musical concerts, theatre shows and ballet dances for kids in London. See Polka Theatre For Children and Kids Theatre Shows. More options are available from Theatre People and London Theatreland. Also explore Ballet dance shows.
2. Children’s Museums - There are lots of museums in London that children can enjoy for free. Most of them offer special programs for kids as well. Examples include Horniman Museum and Gardens which hosts special concerts and activities for kids. It also has an aquarium, gardens and a cafe.
London Transport Museum – This is where children can explore the evolution of Transportation and see live trains and buses on display.
Victoria & Albert Museum of Childhood – Explore toys used by children from prehistoric times. This is sure to be fun for the entire family.
3. Adventure Playgrounds – There are a host of adventure playgrounds in London that kids will enjoy visiting. Check out this compilation from TimeOut London.
4. Aquarium - Here’s another fun place to visit and watch all the aquatic animals from a safe distance. See Sea Life London Aquarium.
5. Gardens - Children love gardens since they will be able to run around and play. See Kew Gardens for kids.
Other Ideas you may want to explore further are Zoos, Farms, National Parks and Pet Shops. Children are naturally drawn to things that move. What better way to wet their appetites than to take them to a farm where they can see domestic animals or the zoo.
This post will be updated as more interesting places and activities are discovered, so be sure to bookmark this. If you know of any other interesting and unforgettable place, do leave a comment below.
Picture Attribution: “Rubber Stamp ” by seaskylab/freedigitalphotos.net