Homeschooling is equal parts fun and challenging. As a parent, you get to spend more time with your child. This time isn’t spent idly, however. You have to be able to teach your child the valuable concepts they should be learning in school. With homeschooling, you assume dual roles — you are the parent and at the same time, the teacher. To fulfil these challenging roles, check out this list of websites that can make the experience easier. These websites have free homeschooling resources suited for kids:
- Teoria.com – I found this website while looking for musical resources for kids. It caters to children from three to twelve years. The website, which can also be viewed in Spanish, provides information about music theory and helps students practise and develop their listening skills.
- GPB.org – Teaching Japanese from the age of 9 has never been easier. With this website, which has different discussions on useful topics, the child can easily improve their fluency by learning the Japanese language one step at a time. The curriculum is also suitable for children older than twelve years.
- MetMuseum.org – The Met Museum is a good resource for parents aiming to improve the child's knowledge of art and history. It is the perfect resource because it has several artefacts that make learning for kids between 3 and 12 years old easier.
- PeriodicVideos.com – Memorizing the periodic table becomes a lot easier for K-12 students with this website which offers different videos that make learning about basic science as easy to remember as possible.
- DailyGrammar.com – One of the most important things K-12 students have to learn is good grammar in speaking and writing. This website has plenty of lessons targeted at improving a child’s grammar. It also has quizzes that test the progress of the child.
- HandwritingWorksheets.com – To improve the handwriting of K-12 students, proper resources such as the editable ones from this website can be used. This site has different worksheets that make it easy for younger kids to write properly.
- PurpleMath.com – Math is made easy for children between the ages of 9 and 12, thanks to video lessons. Learning through videos certainly makes homeschooling more interactive and fun for kids.
Homeschooling children can be a difficult task, especially if the resources you use are not engaging enough. Fortunately, there are many websites that offer free homeschooling resources parents can tap into for interesting and engaged learning.
Picture Attribution: "Happy Boy And Girl" by marin/FreeDigitalPhotos.Net